Two of STM Learning’s authors will be speaking at the 2015 Conference for Idaho Council on Domestic Violence and Victim Assistance. On June 4-5, Dr. Paul Clements and Dr. Karyn Holt will be presenting workshops at the conference about multiple topics, including Violence Against Women. If you would like more information about the conference, visit the ICDVVA site here.
Paul Thomas Clements, PhD, APRN-BC, CGS, DF-IAFN is an Associate Clinical Professor. A forensic and psychiatric clinical specialist, he is additionally a Certified Gang Specialist and Certified in Danger Assessment. He is an experienced therapist, forensic consultant, and critical incident/trauma response specialist with over 20 years experience in management/administration and crisis intervention.
Dr. Clements has authored or contributed to numerous books with STM Learning, including Nursing Approach to the Evaluation of Child Maltreatment and Violence Against Women.
He will be presenting workshops at the ICDVVA Conference, including:
- The Intersection of Domestic Violence and Mental Illness
- HIV/Pregnancy/Homicide – Domestic Violence: When the Shades of Grey Turn Black (with Karyn Holt, Ph.D.)
- Gender Based Violence: Translating National Prevention Strategies (with Karyn Holt, Ph.D.)
Karyn Holt, Ph.D., RN, CNM practiced as a Certified Nurse Midwife worldwide when she served in the military. Dr. Holt has received distinguished national awards for her programs and initiatives including the 2009 Outstanding Educator Award in Online Learning, Drexel University, (USDLA) and the 2010 Hasmilller Award and Grant (American Red Cross). In 2010, Dr. Holt was named to the prestigious Blackboard Platinum™ Circle and continues to be a contributing faculty member. Dr. Karyn Holt was appointed on September 1, 2011 as the first Director of Faculty Development and Online Quality within the College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University.
Dr. Holt has authored and contributed to multiple STM Learning publications, including Nursing Approach to the Evaluation of Child Maltreatment and Violence Against Women.
Dr. Holt will be presenting workshops at the ICDVVA Conference, including:
- Military Sexual Trauma: Who, What, Where and Why. What’s Next?
- Building Partnerships within the Community from Academia to our Justice System
- HIV/Pregnancy/Homicide – Domestic Violence: When the Shades of Grey Turn Black (with Paul Clements, Ph.D.)
- Gender Based Violence: Translating National Prevention Strategies (with Paul Clements, Ph.D.)